Lori Erickson is one of America’s top writers specializing in spiritual travels.
If you want to take a trip that’s more than an ordinary vacation, follow her lead as she journeys to holy sites near and far.
On this site you’ll find suggestions for itineraries plus a potpourri of history, information, and travel tips. You can:
- browse topics via the search box or click on Spiritual Sites Around the World.
- subscribe to Lori Erickson’s newsletter.
- buy her books Every Step Is Home (an exploration of sacred sites and experiences in the United States), The Soul of the Family Tree (a book about tracing her Scandinavian roots and the life lessons of genealogy), Near the Exit (which is about places that have helped her come to terms with mortality) and Holy Rover (a memoir told through trips to a dozen holy sites around the world).
Whether you want to take an armchair pilgrimage, or one that requires a suitcase, Lori is an invaluable guide on journeys that can challenge, deepen, and change you.
Starting from scratch? Not sure what a pilgrimage is? Here’s some helpful background:
- What is a pilgrimage?
- Why spiritual travels are growing in popularity
- Top 10 reasons to go on a pilgrimage